Monday, April 25, 2011

Difficulty Paper #2

Now that I have started to read the Scarlet Letter the reading has become more enjoyable but I am still having some difficulty. When I'm reading their are a lot of words that I don't know. I have tried to make that a quick fix by having a dictionary by my side and looking up the words, this sounds simple but is proving to be a challenge. What I find happening is that I'm spending time looking up a unknown word and by the time I do that I have forgotten what I had just read. Therefore I'm spending a ton of time looking up words and re-reading text, its taking me forever to complete this book! I'm wondering if anyone else is having this same problem? If so, have you done anything differently or have any advise? I think that I would much more enjoy this book if I could better understand it. I think that Scott stated it best when he wrote a comment to me saying that if they rewrote this book in modern English it would be more interesting and easier to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment