Monday, May 16, 2011

Diffiulty Paper- Glass Menagerie

This play was so refreshing! It was nice to take a step away from the Sccarlet Letter and my paper to read this play. Not to say that I didn't like the Scarlet Letter becuase after reading it I really appreciate the work of Nathaniel Hawthorne, and what's even better is that I understand it!! Anyways, I enjoyed this play, even when I thought that I didn't like plays I was wrong. I am hoping to get some more insight into the book, as I am a little confused on the "play text" I have not read a play like this in a class and need to brush up on the lingo. I am intrigued my Laura, she is very shy. I am wondering if something happened to her to make her that way. I love this play so far and can't wait to talk about it in class.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I would have to agree. It was a nice little break from the Scarlet Letter and our paper. I too was having a little bit of a hard time reading the play write. I found myself sometimes getting distracted inbetween scene descrpitions. I wanted to read with a flow. But all in all it turned out to be intersting and a tad bit sad. :( It was also nice to watch it in class to see it actually played out made so much more sense to me!

    See you in class! Can't wait to see what every one in class comes up with on our last assignment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your blog this semester! Thanks for your efforts. It has been a pleasure having you in the class and I wish you the best of luck out there in the real world:)
    Ms. K

    ReplyDelete